Blackheads are irritating and annoying form of acne that usually grows on the facial and shoulder portion. They are closed follicles containing keratin and other secretions of the sweat gland. After oxidization, these accumulated materials become yellowish black. Blackheads are similar to whiteheads but, there is a minute opening and the accumulated materials remain white due to the absence of oxidization. There can be several factors that can lead to the occurrence of blackhead formation. These include increased production of oils caused by the rise in the levels of the male hormone called androgen, usage of skin care products that clog the pores, or genetic predisposition for blackheads. In fact, it is the wider follicle opening and excess secretion of the sebaceous gland that cause blackheads. Medically, black heads are known as open comedones.
A sure hindrance to a beautiful and flawless look is blackheads. However, enticing your complexion, the presence of black heads on the face and shoulder degrades your physical appearance. No wonder, you are searching for information on how to remove blackheads. Effective dermatological treatment is available that can give you relief from blackheads in a matter of minutes. Effective ways to remove blackheads naturally are: cleaning affected areas, applying clay masks, taking steam, controlling diet and using natural remedies.
One should know how to remove blackheads naturally. This will allow one to get rid of it anywhere and anytime. But before learning about them, it will be even better if you know about the underlying factors that lead to the formation of blackheads. This will help you stop its future appearance. The following article suggests some surefooted ways on how to remove blackheads naturally without medical intervention. Give them a chance to have a glowing skin.
Natural Ways for Blackhead Removal
Wash Face The most effective way to remove blackheads is to prevent the cause. As oily skin is the primary factor for causing too many blackheads, it is essential to wash your face regularly by using a mild cleanser. You can wash and clean the affected areas as soon as you feel the buildup of oil.
Cut a lemon into half and squeeze the juice, apply into the blackheads. The acidic effects of lemon juice help in reducing excess oils and preventing bacterial infections. Leave for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Take a potato, peel it and grate it. Crush the grated potato with your fingers to extract juice. Apply it on the part affected with blackheads. Allow the potato juice to dry for 5 minutes, and then wash skin with water. Do it once every alternate day.
Another method is to apply a paste of baking soda and water over the blackheads. Allow the paste to wait for 20 minutes and then wash it off thoroughly. Wipe the affected skin, with witch hazel extract to get rid of blackheads.
Mix a tablespoon of fresh milk with 2-3 drops of lemon juice well. Apply it all over the affected area, leave for 5 minutes, and then rinse with plenty of water. Do it once a day to remove blackheads from face naturally.
Make a paste of almond powder by mixing it with sufficient rose water. Spread it evenly on your face, leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water. This is one the most effective ways on how to remove blackheads naturally.
Take a mixture of equal amounts of groundnut oil and lime juice. Massage face with the mixture let it stay for 10 minutes, and then wash it off. Do it before bedtime to get the best possible outcome.
Take an egg white, apply it on the face. Allow it to dry for a 2-3 minutes. Spray little amount of water on face rub it gently for a minute. This will mildly exfoliate the upper layer of skin, and will assist you in removing blackheads.
Fill a container with water; put it on fire to bring the water to boil. Put the flame off; bring your face over the container so as to get steam coming from the water on your face. Cover your head with a towel to prevent the escape of steam. Do it for about 2 minutes. This softens the blackheads. You can remove blackheads from the nose and other parts of the face by rubbing them with a dry towel.
We get black heads when sebum stores in the pores of our skin and collects the dirt, which hardens the pores. Mostly oily skin is tend to get more of black heads because of excess of sebum and open pores which forms the into bleach heads. The tip of the skin becomes black so it is called blackhead.
Maximum oil comes on the T-Zone of the skin so we usually get black heads on the nose and chin. One who strongly faces the open pores problem get them filled with dirt if not cleaned regularly so they get blackheads even on their back, which look extremely ugly. In medical language a very small black lump clogs the pores of the skin by blocking the skin cells with oil.
Black heads look ugly on the skin and if they set deep in the skin it becomes very difficult to remove them. They look like as if dirt is filled into the pores of the skin but they are much deeper. Squeezing is not the right way to remove the black heads it can make them worse and can give you infection and scars. The problem is not just external you need to keep the skin toxins free by drinking lots of water to prevent the skin from getting black heads and cutting away your tea or coffee intake.
Certain things will definitely help you in getting rid of blackheads:
- Wash your face regularly with lukewarm water and a good cleanser at least 3 times a day. Keep on splashing water on the skin because blackheads usually appear on the oily skin.
- Always apply an astringent on your skin, which will reduce the oiliness from the skin.
- Use a good toner to reduce the size of open pores and to tighten the skin.
- Be sure to use mild facial scrubbers, which are very useful in removing the black heads from the skin because the massage done by scrubbers removes the blackheads from the pores with the help of its roughness. Scrubbers can be used on the back also to remove the black heads from it.
- Apply oil free moisturizer on your skin.
- Use medicated soaps and some good scrubbing soaps are available in the marker these days, which are pretty good for blackheads' prone skin.
- Drink lots of fluids automatically you will not get black heads on your skin because the moister which water gives to the skin flushes away the toxins from the body and makes the skin smooth and supple.
- Rub a lemon peel on your skin to reduce the greasiness from it and it helps to remove the black heads too.
- Make a homemade scrubber by soaking rice in the milk for 4 hours, grind them and make a paste. Use this paste on your body as a scrubber to remove the black heads but do not rub it too hard on the skin. You should use it in mild circulations.
- Apply a good face pack on the skin at least once a week.
- Taking steam on the facial skin helps in removing the black heads. You can learn the usage of the black head remover from a professional expert. Take steam on the face, where the heat should be bearable to you. Then use scrubber on your skin or target the black heads from the black head remover.
- If you yourself can't do it take professional help to remove black heads.
- Black heads removing strips are easily available at cosmetic stores, which can be used easily by anyone to remove black heads from the nose.
- Take medical help if the black heads are deep set in the skin and no treatment is helping you in reducing them.
- Some gels and creams containing Benzoyl Peroxide help in treating blackheads. It helps the skin to soak the oil and peels away the blackheads from the skin. If this gel leaves your skin dry or patchy then apply an oil free moisturizer on the skin before applying the gel to that area.
All the above mentioned methods on how to remove blackheads are highly efficacious. Choose a few out of these blackhead removal home remedies according to your comfort. Try them as directed for a period of minimum one month. One will get rid of blackheads and will get a clean, glowing and flawless skin like never before.